California Dreaming: The beaches, the sunshine aaaaand the food makes it a perfect place to spend a holiday. Try out this recipe and dream with me!
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 medium leaves Boston lettuce
- 8 ounces boneless grilled chicken, cut into thin, long strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, peeled and coarsely shredded $
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely shredded $
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch slices $
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Lay tortillas on a work surface. Spread with mayonnaise. Arrange lettuce, chicken, cucumber, carrot and avocado in a line off center (do not overstuff). Season with salt and pepper. Roll into snug cylinders. Cut into 1 1/2-inch long rolls and serve. Stick with a toothpick to keep rolls together.