Let s go Australia! Here s my favorite recipe!
- 340g packet golden butter cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 60g butter, softened
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 cups icing sugar mixture
- 20g butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- pink food colouring
- 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 27cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Prepare cake mix following packet directions, using eggs, milk and butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Stand for 2 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Trim cake edges. Cut cake into 32 pieces.
- Make icing: Sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Add butter and milk. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir icing until smooth. Tint pink with food colouring. Stir in essence.
- Using a fork, dip 1 piece of cake in icing to coat. Toss in coconut to coat. Place lamington on a wire rack over a tray. Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut. Stand at room temperature for 2 hours or until set. Serve.